I love this recipe, its taken from Holly Willoughby’s Truly Scrumptious Baby book.
It’s great weekday meal and takes very little preparation so perfect for busy lives!
All you need is a big roasting pan to throw everything in and let it do its thing.
The new potatoes are in their skin so no time consuming peeling them and you also retain more fibre – win win!
The roast comes with a garlicky yoghurt sauce instead of gravy and goes really well with some fresh green veggies.
- 550g new potatoes
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into wedges with root end still attached
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 20g unsalted softened butter
- 6 Chicken thighs on the bone skin on
- 3 garlic cloves (unpeeled)
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lemon plus extra if needed
- 4 tbsp thick plain full fat yoghurt
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 200 C/400 F
- Put the potatoes and onion in a large bowl with the olive oil and toss until coated. Tip into a large roasting tin (you may need to use 2 tins as you want everything spread out so the skin on the potatoes and chicken crisp up).
- Mix the thyme into the butter and dot over the top of each chicken thigh. Place the thighs in the roasting tin with the potatoes, onion and garlic cloves, roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tin from the oven and take out the garlic if tender. Place the tomatoes around the potatoes and squeeze over the lemon juice.
- Return the tin to the oven to roast for another 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender and crisp.
- Meanwhile squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skin and mash with the back of a fork. Stir the garlic into the yoghurt and mayonnaise, added a splash of water or lemon juice to loosen.
- Serve the chicken roast with a spoonful of the yoghurt sauce by the side.
Enjoy and let me know what you think.