A great fish dish that will get everyone running to the dinner table
With the cold and wet weather back with vengeance this week why not treat yourself to a hearty (although healthy) fish pie that you can share with the whole family.
Or maybe even invite friends over for the rugby this weekend and serve up a feast for them after?
By using the filo pastry as a topping it’s a fantastic alternative that keeps the calories low but still tastes delicious.
This will easily serve 4 people (maybe a little extra for second helpings).
- 1 x 270g pack Jus-Rol, Filo Pastry Sheets
- 150ml Crème fraiche
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- Large bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 150g frozen garden peas
- 1 x 390g pack fish pie mix
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Splash of olive oil
- Preheat the oven 190°C (170°C fan oven) Gas Mark 5.
- Combine the crème fraîche with the cornflour in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients except the pastry and oil, season and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to an ovenproof dish.
- Scrunch up a sheet of filo pastry into a ball and place onto of the mixture. Repeat this process using as much or little pastry as you like.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the pie, bake for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden and crisp and the fish cooked through.
- Serve with your favourite greens.