It will soon be time to dig out the coals and dust of the BBQ!
If it still feels a little too early for that, these kebabs taste just as good by cooking them in the kitchen.
The sweet and smoky glazed chicken kebabs are simple and easy to prepare, which is precisely what you want after a busy day of work or even after a tough workout. By using a sugar free BBQ sauce your chicken is mouth-wateringly delicious, packed with flavour and low in calories.
- 2 x Chicken breasts
- Bled Bros sugar free smokey BBQ sauce
- Mixed herbs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Button mushrooms
- Mixed peppers
- 1 x Lime or Lemon
- Metal Or Wooden Skewers
- Choice of side (rice, salad, green veg, sweet potato fries)
This recipe will serve 2 however adjust the amount of chicken depending on who’s eating (some of you may need a little more protein than others)!
- Cut your BBQ chicken breasts into 1 inch sized cubes and marinade in the BBQ sauce for 30-60 mins.
- Preheat your oven to 200C. Begin to prepare your mushrooms, mixed peppers, cherry tomatoes and onions. Cut into fairly large sizes as these will be going on your skewers!
- Place your mushrooms, peppers and onions onto your baking tray with a little coconut oil and mixed herbs. Then pop in the oven cook for 20 minutes (check after 15 minutes).
- Place a large wok/frying pan over a medium heat with a little coconut oil and begin to pan fry your chicken.
- Whilst everything cooks, begin to prepare your lettuce, tomatoes, peppers and onion for your salad.
- Once your chicken has been cooked thoroughly and your vegetables are nice and crispy, begin to create your kebabs sticks! Plate up and add some lemon or lime for some extra zing!
- Serve with your chosen side and enjoy.