This one-pot wonder is the perfect recipe to create a healthy, hearty family meal. Whether you make it in the slow cooker or on the hob, you will create a medley of spicy flavours.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 large chicken breast or chicken thighs, chopped
- 500g chorizo sausage, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Squeeze of tomato puuree
- 400ml beef or chicken stock
- 1 tbs parsley
- 1 tbs oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 300g cooked prawns
- Your favourite microwavable rice
(If cooking on the hob, I would always use my wok)!
- Add the garlic, celery and onion to the pan and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook until starting to brown.
- Add the chorizo, red pepper, puree and all spices then continue to cook for a further 5 mins.
- Finally add the tomatoes and veg stock and simmer until stock has reduced.
- Then either mix your rice and prawns in with the chicken and cook for 2 minutes or simply just add the prawns & microwave your rice and serve on the side.
If wanting to use your slow cooker, just add all ingredients to the pot (apart from the rice) and cook on high for 4 hours. All you then need to do is add the pawns in for the last 5 mins and cook your rice.
Enjoy this recipe, its a favourite of ours.