If you were looking to stay away from all the chocolate eggs this weekend why not indulge yourselves with this (nutritionally dense) pudding after your Easter Sunday lunch instead?
Why is it so nutritious?
1 – Avocados are rich in healthy fats, folate, carotenoids and are extremely heart healthy.
2 – Bananas provide Vitamin B6, potassium, fibre and natural sweetness.
3 – Chocolate provides antioxidants and magnesium.
4 – And peanut butter adds a littleprotein and even more healthy fats.
This recipe will make approximately 6 servings (depending on how much you like to share)!!
Nutrition Per Serving:
Calories: 386, Fat: 29g,Carbohydrates: 29g, Protein: 9g
Give it a go, you won’t be disappointed.
1 ½ ripe avocados
1 large ripe banana
100g unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
130g smooth or crunchy peanut butter (plus more for topping)
60ml almond milk
Coconut whipped cream topping:
400ml can full fat coconut milk
1. Add all ingredients (except the coconut milk and icing sugar) to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Add more almond milk to thin/help blend if needed. If needed add more cocoa powder for a richer chocolate flavour and honey to enhance sweetness.
2. Cover with cling film (pressing it down on the pudding to prevent a skin from forming) and chill for a few hours, or overnight.
3. To make the coconut cream topping, chill your coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight, being sure not to shake or tip the can to encourage separation of the cream and liquid.
4. The next day, chill a large mixing bowl 10 minutes before using it to whip the cream.
5. Remove the coconut cream or milk from the fridge without tipping or shaking and remove the lid. Scrape out the top, thickened cream and leave the liquid behind.
6. Place hardened cream in your chilled mixing bowl. Beat for 30 seconds with until creamy. Then add vanilla (optional) and icing sugar and mix for a minute until creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
7. Use immediately or refrigerate – it will harden and set in the fridge the longer it’s chilled. Will keep for up to 1 – 2 weeks.
8. Dish up the pudding and top with coconut whipped cream and drizzle of peanut butter